Originally founded by a group of Bradford wool merchants in 1900 as a 9 hole course on 80 acres of land leased from Bradford Corporation, the course was extended to 18 holes some seven years later.
The layout of the course was changed radically during the intervening years but the present layout has remained largely unaltered for the past 35 years.
With a par of 69 and a standard scratch of 68 for men & a par & standard scratch of 72 for women, West Bradford provides a good test over 18 holes for golfers of all abilities. The terrain is undulating although not physically too demanding but the golfer has to contend with the “out
of bounds” on the perimeter of the course, trees lining many of the fairways and the prevailing westerly breezes.